InstiKit supports local server installation. In this article, you will be getting step by step tutorial to install InstiKit in WAMP 3.1.0 and above. WAMP is most popular windows web development environment. It allows you to create web applications with Apache2, PHP and a MySQL database. Alongside, PhpMyAdmin allows you to manage easily your databases.
If you are want to choose between WAMP, XAMPP & MAMP server in Windows machine, we would suggest you to go with WAMP as it provides easiest solution to install any Laravel based application.
Make sure you only install one server from WAMP, XAMPP or MAMP else it would create issue during port allocation. If you have any other server installed in your system, uninstall it first and then start with a clean installation of WAmP, XAMPP or MAMP.
WAMP usually use port 80, if you have installed Skype, try to change Skype port. Here is good article to change Skype port.
To start with the installation, go to http://www.wampserver.com, download the latest version of WAMP 32bit or 64bit depending upon your system. Once you downloaded WAMP, install it in your system.
You might need to put some dll files during WAMP installation (if they are missing from the system), which you can find it easily over internet. Once installation is completed, run WAMP server & try accessing http://localhost in your browser, if you get the WAMP localhost page, it means you are ready to proceed with InstiKit installation. Below is the screenshot of the WAMP localhost page.
If you are still using http://localhost/<your_folder> to access any application, it means you certainly need to upgrade your technical skill. Create virtual host to access your projects with clean URL.
The next thing which you need to do is, to create a virtual host in your WAMP server. Virtual host allows you to put script files in any folder and access the script with simple domain like name. You need not to use http://localhost/<your_folder> to access the application, rather you will create a virtual host with name say "instikit.test" and you will point this virtual host to the folder where you have put all your files and then you will be able to access the script with http://instikit.test in your browser.
Follow the below steps to create a virtual host.
- Open WAMP localhost page by typing http://localhost in your browser. You will get an option "Add a Virtual Host" link, click on it or type http://localhost/add_vhost.php in your browser to go to virtual host page as shown below.
- Type name name of virtual host and the absolution path of the folder where you have put the files. For example, "instikit.test" is the name of virtual host & the files are located in d:/instikit folder. Click on "Start the creation of the VirtualHost" button, it would take few seconds and add an entry to http-vhost.conf file. Next, restart WAMP server and you are ready to go with installation.
Installation of InstiKit: Follow below steps to install InstiKit -
- Download latest version of InstiKit by navigating to https://codecanyon.net/downloads. It will download a zip file containing script files.
- Copy this zip file in your folder (in this case d:/instikit) & extract it. Below the screenshot of the folder structure.
This folder contains all the development files of InstiKit which you can use to customize the application. Make sure you have all the files & folders in it.
- Open virtual host in your browser (in this case http://instikit.test). You will get installation wizard as shown below.
If you do not get this installation wizard page, it means your PHP version is less than PHP 7.1.3. Try to upgrade PHP version, you should be able to access the installation wizard. Read full list of server pre-requisite here.
- You might get alert message in case any of the server pre-requisite is missing. For example, if your "Fileinfo" extension is disabled, that will be highlighted in red background which you need to fix before proceeding. Once all pre-requisites are ok, you are ready to proceed to next step. Click on the "Next" button.
- In the 2nd Step, you need to enter database details. By default database port of WAMP will be 3306 & hostname will be "localhost". Open http://localhost/phpmyadmin to create a database. Enter the database name, database username & password (leave if blank) to proceed to next step.
You might get error message if your database details are incorrect. In this case, put the correct details and click on the "Next" button. Also make sure that your database doesn't contain any table. If you already have any table, drop all the tables and then try to click on "Next" button.
- In 3rd Step, you need to provide admin login details. Enter desired details and click on the "Next" button. You can use any email id here which will be the admin login email id for the application. Date of Birth & Contact Number field is optional.
- Now, you are in the final step of installation. You need to enter "Access Code" (not purchase code) & your Envato email id, to verify your purchase. If you don't have any knowledge about "Access Code" read this article. Click on the "Get Access Code" button to create an "Access Code" or use your existing "Access Code" to proceed.
Make sure your system has CURL installed and CURL certificates are updated. You might get "There is something wrong. Please contact server author." error if your CURL certificates are outdated. Here is good articles how you can update your CURL certificate.
- If your purchase is verified, it means you will be able to install your application. Installation takes around 30-60 seconds once you click on the "Finish" button. Do not interrupt during installation is completing, else you might need to repeat the entire process again. You will be redirected to login page once your installation finish.
If you face any issue, raise a ticket at this support portal.